Electrical Test Egineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 10, 2019
As the Test Engineer, you will create and specify test procedures
to adequately run test-- equipment to specification.---- The Test
Engineer will apply principles and techniques of electrical
engineering and statistical data analysis to accomplish goals.--
Knowledge of leak, run, evacuation and charge testing.-- Must have
a strong determination to protect the customer from quality and
product reliability risks balanced with an appropriate sense of
urgency to make sure factory productivity needs are met. Must have
the ability to work under pressure to troubleshoot test problems,
determine and address cause. --Work involves the application of
more complex engineering principles to develop test methods and
procedures to maintain and improve product quality standards.
You will be trusted to:
- Designs, tests, and helps maintain electrical test
- Troubleshoot test and unit electrical problems. And work
closely with plant maintenance electricians to find electrical test
issues that occur.
- Review data and determine normal variation versus assignable
cause and make decisions based on data.
- Develops methods for testing, sampling and training.
- Proactively analyze data and test performance to ensure
products delivered meet Customer Quality and Reliability
- Prepares reports of run test results and reasons for rejected
or defective products
- Create spreadsheets or queries to extract data and perform
- Spends time on the shop floor and understands how the product
is fabricated and assembled.
- Responsible for the design and development of special test
equipment (STE), test fixtures and prescribes test set-ups in
support of development and production testing requirements
- Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize
test coverage in the manufacturing environment.
- Must understand piping schematics, pressure regulation and
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment and have a
general understanding of how product is fabricated and
- Must have knowledge of control systems and data acquisition
hardware, as well as IT knowledge of data base structure and
- Basic usage of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and
- Solid knowledge in statistical analysis utilizing statistical
- Competencies should include the ability to utilize statistical
and quality tools such as Pareto, Run, Cause and Effect, Box and
whisker and histogram charts, SPC, PDCA or DMAIC
- Skilled in cause/effect and troubleshooting logic
- Working knowledge of bar code scanners would be
- Experience developing test plans including test strategies,
timelines, a scientific approach to estimates, demand, capacity,
utilization plans and test environment planning
- Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (ie. documenting
something that is already built)
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong problem-solving
- Ability to think strategically, and to mold testing to meet
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved
in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings,
and models. Capable of following a wiring schematic.
- Possess a history of successful performance and the desire to
succeed in diverse and challenging roles
- Advanced interpersonal skills, both written and verbal to
ensure commitment to implementation of new methods or
- Other skill sets necessary are communication, operating in a
team environment, and the ability to make tough decisions.
- Experience working in a Union shop is a plus
- Bi-lingual Spanish capabilities are a plus
Keywords: Job Juncture, Ames , Electrical Test Egineer, Professions , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!