Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Our Ames, IA manufacturing company is looking to hire a Production
Supervisor to their Night Shift operations (6pm-6am). The
Production Supervisor will supervises the day-to-day shift
activities of assigned processes and personnel to ensure excellence
in manufacturing, safety, quality, production scheduling,
maintenance, and continuous improvement methodologies that embrace
Lean Manufacturing. Perform daily walks to direct & support all
standard work procedures and policies and foster a good team
working environment around the organizations Core Values and Vision
- Understand and embrace Continuous Improvement and supports a
- Balance shift production levels to meet and exceed internal and
external customer expectations.
- Review production schedule, quality, and customer deadlines to
support the operational contribution to maximize
- Monitor and maintain production flow and job
- Execute operational strategies throughout shift activities to
increase production and improve efficiencies.
- Supervise shift contributions to any capital improvement
implementations or projects.
- Continually evaluate shift activities to improve production
output, production quality, workflow, safety, employee development
and improved tenure of shift employees.
- Provide direction and leadership to associates in understanding
and implementing operational objectives.
- Interface and communicate with all departments and shifts to
insure quality and efficient product completion.
- Identify, recommend and implement measures to improve
production throughput, equipment performance, product quality,
waste reduction, resource flow and cell efficiencies.
- Coach, train and develop staff using Continuous Improvement
methods and kaizen events.
- Develop and provide performance evaluations and scorecards of
the shift associates.
- Evaluate and provide compensation recommendations for direct
- Manage timekeeping, attendance, overtime scheduling and other
- Participate in new-hire selection, on-boarding and
- Participate in off-shift meetings and projects/coverage for
peer absences and extra shifts.
- Monitor and ensure safety and 5s compliance.
- Participate in and promote team problem solving and process
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, A3. P.D.C.A. and 5 whys on problem
- Update and hold weekly shift meetings presenting goals and
- Monitor QTMS planned target speeds and ensure work centers are
in compliant with audits.
- Ensure the entire shift follows our core values and understands
the vision statement.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing
- Any background in printing, paper converting, or envelopes
industries a plus.
- Lean, 6 Sigma, TQM or ISO experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard processes and work
procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Have a good foundation of basic kaizen skills, including such
tools as 5S, P.D.C.A., VSM and practical trouble-shooting and
- Demonstrates and exemplifies a collaborative, proactive and
positive approach while actively promoting a team environment
- Ability to analyze production data and communicate results with
- Ability to apply a variety of written instructions furnished in
written or oral form; read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating instructions and procedural manuals, and job
- Ability to provide S.M.A.R.T. goals to performance evaluations
and that all reviews are done on time.
- Positive and passionate about employing EOS Traction into the
- Expertise in Change Management; “To improve is to
- Leadership by Example: Setting examples that others want
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications and
peripherals. Literacy in Microsoft Outlook.
- Listening and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Ames , Production Supervisor, Professions , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!