Behavior Technician or Registered Behavior Technician (Paid Training) -Full Time-Ames
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Description A -Behavior Technician -(BT) at ChildServe is
responsible for the direct implementation of child specific Applied
Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs as written by the Behavior Analyst
. BTs work with the child and family by providing behavioral
interventions and skill acquisition programming. -When you'll
- Monday- Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Business hours- variedWhat You'll Do
- Individualized Plans: Participate in the development of program
plans and provide updates on progress. -Ensure that each client's
individual plan is implemented as written.
- Documentation: Maintain appropriate records, collect data and
complete of treatment notes as required and within the specified
- Training: Participate in all training that enables performance
of duties effectively, efficiently, and competently (ex. staff
meetings, orientation, in-services).
- Compliance: BT must abide by the subset of the -BACB -
Professional and Ethical Compliance Code designated as relevant to
the practice of behavior technicians.
- Perform other BT duties/responsibilities required by the
Program and within the scope of certification.
- Schedule Flexibility: Be willing to provide direct care in the
Autism Day Health Program if needed.What You'll Need
- Required: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred: Minimum of two years' experience working with
children with Autism and other developmental disabilities
- Registered Behavior Tech preferred or willing to become
registered within 6 months of hire. -
- Organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively, accurately, and efficiently under
multiple demands and frequent interruptions.
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication
skills with the ability to foster effective relationships with
co-workers, children, and families.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and
demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse
- Self-motivation, assertiveness, and independent decision making
- Ability to accept and initiate change, have patience and
understanding, and work within a team environment.
- Confidentiality regarding the affairs of clients, staff, their
families, and ChildServe.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and
speaking the English language.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements.
If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the
interview process.Why ChildServe?ChildServe -has earned the title
of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love
- Our work matters. -We partner with families to help children
with special healthcare needs live a -great -life.
- We're not your average non-profit. -We serve 5,200 children
each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames,
Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock. -Our teams are filled with people who
care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is
key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We're -moving forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care
possible.Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a
difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together -
apply today!ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: childserve, Ames , Behavior Technician or Registered Behavior Technician (Paid Training) -Full Time-Ames, Professions , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!