Company: Green Hills Retirement Community
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job Classification: Part-TimeSalary Range: $15.50/hr -
$19/hrApplications are processed on a weekly basis.
WHO ARE WE?Come join our dedicated team at Green Hills Community, a
Top Workplace for two years in a row! Green Hills Community sits on
a beautiful green 30-acre campus in a relaxed natural wooded
setting minutes from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Since
1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the
retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two
retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS),
the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living
communities. We continually strive to create an environment of
trust and transparency by helping employees find a sense of purpose
in their job and achieve their highest potential while providing
hospitality to those who work and live at Green Hills.
ABOUT THE ROLE:The Transportation CNA provides care as assigned by
the charge nurse and performs appropriate charting on each resident
to create a flow of continuing care. Follows safety procedures and
keeps the charge nurse informed of all relevant resident
information through close observation. This position also
transports residents around the Ames area in a company vehicle.
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL---
- Accurately document nursing care after assisting a resident, in
accordance with community and regulatory standards.
- Maintain a positive transportation experience for
- Timely report any changes in resident condition to the RN/LPN
- Perform and chart Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in
accordance with each resident's nursing care plan.
- Administer medication under direction of the RN/LPN on
- Treat each resident as an individual and address them
- Assist residents with nutrition and hydration, monitoring food
and fluid intake as well as physically assisting with dining as
- Ensure resident rooms are kept clean and organized.
- Exhibit the highest degree of commitment to Person-Directed
Care philosophy.WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU---
- Have obtained or will obtain your CNA licensure, according to
Department of Inspections and Appeals guidelines.
- Maintain a valid registration with the Direct Care Worker
- Possess a valid driver's license and have (or will obtain) a
chauffeur's license class D.
- Can assist residents in case of an emergency, including during
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Can pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
WE VALUE OUR EMPLOYEES AND SHOW APPRECIATION THROUGH---
- Scholarships and Educational Assistance Programs, because we
value the development of our team members and promoting from
- Extraordinary Reward Points, because we value recognizing and
appreciating our employees for their hard work.
- Our comprehensive benefits, because we value health and
wellness for you and your family.
- A Monthly All-Staff Meet n' Eat, because we value a strong
company culture that creates camaraderie between departments.
- Various Employee-led Committees, because we value employee
engagement and making your voice heard.
- Uniform Allowances, because we value the work you do every day
and want to help equip you to do your job to your best
- Shift Differentials for 3rd Shift and Weekend Packages, because
we appreciate our night and weekend team members.
- A Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program, because we
understand that life happens.
If you have any questions about this job posting, please call us at
(515) 357-5000 or email us at HR@GreenHillsRC.com.
Green Hills is fully complying with the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This role requires
proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as a
condition of employment.
Keywords: Green Hills Retirement Community, Ames , Transportation CNA, Professions , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!