General Utilities Technician - Ames, IA
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Purpose: The General Utilities Technician is responsible for
the operation and maintenance of Barilla America's general
utilities, HVAC related equipment, and other building related
issues. This is a day time position.Key Accountabilities:
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the General
Utilities preventative maintenance schedule.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary on
equipment such as boilers, heat exchangers, pumps, chillers,
cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, vacuum pumps, fan coil
units, etc. to ensure plant reliability.
- Monitor the functioning of general utilities through BAS and
local control panels.
- Order and replace parts when required.
- Communicate operational changes to managers and all affected
- Maintain HVAC systems for production, plant and mill.
- Perform the maintenance on fire prevention systems within the
plant or if needed coordinate with contractors regarding
maintenance of the fire system components including pipes, fire
extinguishers, systems testing, and pumps, not excluding the alarm
- Document maintenance utilities in maintenance software systems
such as CMMS.
- Perpetually maintains operational sanitation inside and outside
of equipment and work area.
- Assist and support other Maintenance Technicians on the
production floor as necessary. This may include such tasks as the
routine preventative maintenance interventions.
- Assist in new hire training and cross-training efforts of other
- Work and communicate well with others and effectively
contribute to the working relationships within Barilla.
- Be an active participant in all Safety and Environmental Team,
training and inspection activities throughout the plant.Additional
- Education/Work Experience: A high school diploma/GED is
required for this position. Previous work experience in the general
utilities functions of a plant/production facility is preferred.
HVAC experience is preferred, but not required. A general working
knowledge of computers or experience with Microsoft Office is
- Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual
must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, climb stairs
and ladders, lift at least 100 lbs., and have manual dexterity for
tool use. Problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making
skills are also required.
- Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The individual must possess the
hearing ability necessary for communication and to differentiate
operational problems on machinery.Diverse candidates and veterans
encouraged to apply.Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is
the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of
any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard characteristics including, but not
limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality,
faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, veteran or protected veteran status, political
opinions, health or disability.
Keywords: Barilla, Ames , General Utilities Technician - Ames, IA, Professions , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!