Sandwich Shop Clerk - Part Time
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Job Title: Sandwich Shop Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Delicatessen Revision Date: 05/2018
As a Sandwich Shop Clerk, this position will be responsible for
filling customer orders, handling food in a safe manner, ordering
and receiving products, making sure orders are correct, and
labeling, dating, and putting product away. Additionally you will
ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly,
and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers; Delicatessen Manager; Assistant Delicatessen Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
??? escorting them to the products they're looking for
??? securing products that are out of reach
??? loading or unloading heavy items
??? making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
??? performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
6. Takes customer orders at the Delicatessen counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
8. Reviews orders for the day.
9. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
10. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
11. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
12. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
13. Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
14. Pulls product from cooler/freezer for preparation
15. Checks in product, puts product away, and review invoices.
16. Runs the department register and receives payment, makes
change, etc, where applicable
17. Removes trash in a timely manner.
18. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
19. Adheres to company policies and individual store
20. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices product for customers as necessary.
4. Delivers orders as needed.
5. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
6. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience with Food Safety Certification
and six months or more or similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
??? Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to meat, cheese, dust, noise,
and temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning
chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Panini machine, slicer, scale, shrink wrap machine, register, walk
in cooler, knives, serving cases, and C.A.R.S. system.
Has daily contact with internal customers and the general public.
Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has contact with
Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Ames , Sandwich Shop Clerk - Part Time, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!