Sr. Abstractor, HEDIS/Quality Improvement (Remote in Iowa)
Company: Molina Healthcare
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Molina's Quality Improvement Sr. Abstractor conducts data
collection and abstraction of medical records for HEDIS projects,
HEDIS like projects and supplemental data collection. The
abstraction team will meet chart abstraction productivity standards
as well as minimum over read standards. Sr. Abstractors will also
provide mentoring to entry level abstractors.
- Performs the coordination and preparation of the HEDIS medical
record review which includes ongoing review of records submitted by
providers and the annual HEDIS medical record review.
- Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record
- As needed, may collects medical records and reports from
provider offices, loads data into the HEDIS application, and
compares the documentation in the medical record to specifications
to determine if preventive and diagnostic services have been
- Participates in scheduled meetings with the National Over read
team, National Training Team, Regional HEDIS team, vendors and
HEDIS auditors regarding quality and HEDIS review and
- Assists with projects and process improvement
- Mentors entry level Abstractors
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3 years experience in healthcare -Quality/HEDIS specific to
medical record review and abstraction
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of HEDIS projects
- At least 3 years of medical record abstraction
- 3+ years managed care experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HEDIS and NCQA
PREFERRED LICENSE, CERTIFICATION, ASSOCIATION:
Active RN license for the State(s) of employment
Pay Range: -$21.82 - $42.55
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic
location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying
for this position, please apply through the intranet job
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation
package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Keywords: Molina Healthcare, Ames , Sr. Abstractor, HEDIS/Quality Improvement (Remote in Iowa), Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!