Universal Banker I (Bank Teller)
Company: Availa Bank
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Availa Bank Description:
Position Title: Universal Banker I Department: Retail Reports To:
Designated Retail Leader Location: Ames location Primary
Assignment: Handle on-demand customer transactions and financial
counseling Position Status: Non-Exempt EEO/AA employer **This
position is not remote and will work in our Ames, Iowa location.**
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the
United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of
employment Visa at this time. Find out why our employees love
working here! Why I Love Availa - Steph - YouTube UNIVERSAL BANKER
I POSITION SUMMARY The Universal Banker I (Bank Teller) is
responsible for assisting with a customer's financial transactions
in an efficient and friendly manner, providing the highest level of
customer service. In addition, this position will assist with
financial counseling, including opening and servicing of consumer
UNIVERSAL BANKER I PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Provide exceptional customer service through quality
conversations and efficient and accurate process of customer
transactions. Provide accurate information to customers based on
product and service knowledge and understanding of the banking
industry. Frequently communicate with customers and employees in
person or by phone and exchange accurate information in these
- Build relationships with customers by identifying needs and
offering solutions. Sell, open, and maintain banking products and
services to new and existing customers. Cross sell bank products as
part of the regular transaction process.
- Proficient in customer account opening, maintenance, and
closing accounts (including checking, savings, CDs and safe deposit
boxes). Process check orders; follow check cashing procedures;
issue cashier's checks; process wire transfers, perform online and
mobile banking maintenance; process stop payments and debit card
- Handle financial transactions efficiently and effectively with
all customers (including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals,
advances, loan payments and merchant transactions). Maintain a
balanced cash drawer. Perform ITM duties in applicable
- Meet or exceed all established branch goals and contribute to
branch deposit growth. UNIVERSAL BANKER I ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- Accounting or banking experience encouraged Other Skills and
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions,
understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers and
- Understands computer and other equipment capabilities and
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance
policies and procedures
- Be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Travel to/from and work in multiple locations
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace.
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management
direction; accepts responsibility for own actions; completes tasks
on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth. WORKING
CONDITIONS Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury. The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with
hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as
needed. **This position is not remote and will work in our Ames,
Iowa location.** GENERAL NOTICE This position description describes
the general nature and level of work performed by the employee
assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all
inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only
duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee
may be required to perform other job-related duties. All
requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This position
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change. PM21
Keywords: Availa Bank, Ames , Universal Banker I (Bank Teller), Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!