Company: Availa Bank
Posted on: January 12, 2022
***This position is located in our Nevada, Iowa location***EEO/AA
employerPOSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for
generating, approving, and maintaining quality business and
agriculture loans for the bank's portfolio. .
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Handles all loan applications within an acceptable customer
service and regulatory timeframe
- Maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of
incomplete documentation or regulatory violation
- Analyze complex credit applications
- Work with customers through difficult/complicated issues that
- Handle collections on delinquent loans; monitor the quality of
- Perform consumer lending duties
- Approve or deny loan applications
- Will remain current with lending laws and regulations, along
with products and services offered by competitors and other
- Make recommendations for new loan products and services
- Adhere to bank policy, procedures and all lending laws and
- Maintain a high level of customer confidenceROLE
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- One to three years in the banking or lending environment
preferred but not requiredOther Skills and Abilities
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand
procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to
customers and employees
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability
to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and
- Accepts a leadership role within the bank and participates in
bank promotions and activities
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
transportationCompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability - will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical - collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - responds to management direction; accepts
responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers. WORKING
CONDITIONSWork is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury.The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
position: Frequently communicate with employees and other parties
by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information
in these situations. Constantly operates a computer and other
office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
equipment. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies and equipment. Some bending, turning, and twisting
required. Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach
with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Periodic stressful
situations in response to multiple priorities within established
deadlines. Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees. Drive to/from and work in
multiple branches/locations as needed. GENERAL NOTICEThis position
description describes the general nature and level of work
performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not
be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that
these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the
position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related
duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a
disability. This position description does not constitute an
employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject
to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements
of the position change.PM21
Keywords: Availa Bank, Ames , Loan Officer, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!