Development Coordinator - College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Company: Iowa State University Foundation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a key partner on the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
development team, you will prioritize how each day will unfold.
Your work will directly impact the college's strategies, goals, and
overall success. From putting the important finishing touches on
donor messages to maximizing the efficiency of a donor visit, your
role could be the difference between a simple interaction and a
- Provide administrative and operational support and leadership
to the college's development program including project management,
award nomination coordination, college and departmental advisory
council assistance, donor communication and stewardship support,
documentation management, and office policies and procedures
related to the college and the Foundation.
- Possess high-level communication skills to assist with
drafting, editing, proofing, formatting, and finalizing
communication materials necessary for cultivating, soliciting and
stewarding donors in partnership with foundation and college
- With a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy, you will
work closely with development officers, foundation staff, and
university partners to ensure that donors are placed at the heart
of our work and that they receive excellent service from our team.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Coordinate development officer and college leadership travel,
including researching, developing, and coordinating travel
arrangements. You will also help to proactively identify
prospective constituents and help to schedule donor visits for the
development officer and dean.
- Manage development officer's calendar entries and schedules,
ensuring they are maintained and updated.
- Coordinate collegiate alumni and donor events and receptions in
conjunction with college and ISUF staff. You will also plan and
coordinate donor campus visits.
- Use your excellent writing skills to create, proof, edit,
format, and finalize correspondence to prospects and donors for the
development officer and the dean. You will also generate mail merge
documents and document all correspondence and call reports in
- Perform a variety of duties including maintaining
donor/prospect information in databases, managing accounting
paperwork for gifts, and overseeing expense reporting and
reimbursements for development officers.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate related years of experience at
a comparable level relating to the duties required of this
position. 4 years of professional experience or combination of
relevant education and/or demonstrated work experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with word processing, databases, and
spreadsheets (Microsoft Office suite) along with the ability to
learn in-house computer systems.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be self-motivated and
detail oriented with a high level of accuracy to effectively
communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Strong commitment to honoring donor intent and confidentiality
to protect important, sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives with
independence and effectiveness.
- Strong team orientation, a dedicated work ethic, a mission- and
service-driven mindset, and a positive and professional
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor, and a belief in our
organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to
advance Iowa State University's land grant ideals.
We Can Help You Advance Your Career...
You've put in a lot of work to get where you are today, and now
you're ready to utilize your unique skills, talents, and
personality to achieve even more. Make the next step count!
To APPLY please include the following items:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Three professional references' names and contact
For additional information, visit the following pages:
- Iowa State University Foundation
- Iowa State University
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Keywords: Iowa State University Foundation, Ames , Development Coordinator - College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!