Industrial Technology Engineer
Company: McLaughlin Family Co
Posted on: October 11, 2021
New Way Trucks
Location: Scranton, Iowa
The Controls Technician assists to maintain quality in the design,
installation, and application of electrical controls. This position
reports to the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the design of systems of electrical controls for
machines and equipment, utilizing knowledge of computer-aided
design and applying knowledge of electricity, electronics,
hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or
equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Support supervisor, suppliers, engineering specialists, and
other departments to execute job assignments.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone or email to
customers, dealers, and department personnel to assist in trouble
shooting to resolution.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical
systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to
standards and quality requirements.
- Utilize various state-of-the-art-engineering tools, i.e., a
personal computer (PC) or (CAD) equipment, in assigned projects as
- Will assist and train assembler and wirer in control
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments,
equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems for
commercial or industrial purposes.
- Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or quality
requirements by coordinating manufacturing, installation, support,
documentation, or testing activities.
- Provide hands on, quality assembly and wiring of electrical
- Must be able to read and work with schematics, wiring diagrams
and bills of materials and an engineering change orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate degree in advanced technology or related field with a
minimum of two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
with knowledge of fabrication, assembly, welding, and automotive
- Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) and its use as a
- Proficient with computers and computer software including,
word, excel, data entry and information processes.
- Basic understanding of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Strong background of arithmetic, geometry, statistics, and
- Ability to identify problems through analytical reasoning and
resolve issues through creative thought processes.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Company match 401(k)
- Short term disability
- PTO and paid holidays
- Many additional perks, including discounts at Fast Lane and New
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a
collaborative management style. This job description describes the
general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to
this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum
level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to
perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform
any other job-related duties as requested by their
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: McLaughlin Family Co, Ames , Industrial Technology Engineer, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!