New Way Trucks
Electronic Mechanical/Maintenance Technician
Location: Scranton, IA
This position is responsible for performing electrical and
mechanical maintenance, respond to facility wiring issues, and
install major electrical equipment. The position is also part
of the Maintenance Team supporting general factory production and
building maintenance. This position reports to the Supervisor of
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Routinely inspect electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures,
- Repair CNC machines and other electronic machines as problems
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot PLC devices.
- Identify loose connections and defective components on
electrical control systems and mechanical equipment.
- Review schematics to understand and trouble shoot wiring
- Conduct general production factory maintenance repairs.
- Adhere to safety and performance standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the mechanics of equipment and facility
- Knowledge of electrical wiring.
- Familiarity with manufacturing machines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to interface with all levels of individuals
within and outside the company.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents.
- Ability to analyze and solve electrical problems.
- Physical ability to climb, crawl and to work in awkward
positions such as kneeling, bending, stooping and overhead
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to operate various shop tools including power and
manually operated wrenches.
- Trained in forklift operation.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Company match 401(k)
- Short term disability
- PTO and paid holidays
- Many additional perks, including discounts at Fast Lane and New
This job description describes the general nature and level of
work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job
requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills
and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties
as requested by their supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by