Posted on: October 3, 2021
Located in Ames, IA
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
• New pay rate!
• Full-time with benefits; health, medical, dental, vision and
• Paid vacation!
• Company Provided vehicle, tools, equipment and
• Tuition Reimbursement!
• Employee discounts on services!
• Monthly bonus potential!
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician),
you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable
television and broadband services. You'll drive a company van, go
into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our
customers. You'll also learn and perform a variety of duties
including installation, changes of service, additional outlet
installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any
special requests customers may have regarding installation.
You'll get formal training, company vehicle, company uniforms,
tools, netbook, cell phone, health, dental, vision, generous
discounts on services, education reimbursement, 401(k) with company
match, pay increases through self-guided study and more!
• Makes customer installations (exterior and interior) complete
from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single
and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay
disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters;
performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture
delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and
subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on
different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances;
installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and
climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries
loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited
confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they
pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket
truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• High school diploma OR GED required; trade school training
• Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record required.
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces, in all weather
conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and
materials, or heavy hand tools.
Mediacom is proud to have received the following
recognition, "2021 Best Managed Companies," "2019 Best Company for
Women to Work," "2017 Best Company for People of Color and Women to
Work," and "Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR)'s 2021
Social Impact Award"
Mediacom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Mediacom, Ames , Broadband Technician, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!