Senior Analytical Chemist
Posted on: September 12, 2021
The Senior Analytical Chemist will provide technical support
and leadership to multiple project teams and will evaluate and interpret
analytical results, develop, validate and transfer analytical
methods for APIs, API intermediates, and raw materials.
Strict compliance with cGMP guidelines is required to perform most
All employees are required to adhere to EPA, DEA, FDA, and
cGMP regulations related to the Company; and to adhere to all
client's safety rules and procedures. All employees are expected to
report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties relating to
departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section may
- With minimal supervision, safely and effectively develop,
establish, and validate analytical testing methodologies used to
control raw materials, production intermediates, and final
- Investigate and solve analytical technical issues within
Analytical Development, Chemical Development, Process Support
Group, and Quality Control.
- Perform analytical chemistry assays based on new and existing
- Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR,
Titrator, Particle Size Analyzer
- Write technical reports to document analytical methods
- Maintain laboratory notebooks documenting work
- Maintain compliance with GMP SOPs and DEA regulations
- Transfer documented analytical methods to the QC and Process
Support Group departments
- Set up new or existing analytical methods for compound
identification, purity, and potency testing.
- Coordinate off-site testing as necessary
- Conduct testing of analytical samples for the Chemical
Development Department as necessary.
- Qualify reference materials.
- Advanced Chemistry degree desired, with a Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum BS degree in
Chemistry or closely related field required, with 7+ years of
experience in manufacturing support laboratory
- Experience with
dissolution and chemosensory testing is highly desired
- Familiarity with
compliance requirements within cGMP, safety, and regulatory
- Operational knowledge of
analytical instrumentation like HPLC, GC, GC-MS, FTIR, UV-VIS
equipment, and data stations required
- Demonstrated computer
literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, structural
drawings, and databases preferably in a Windows
- The ability to solve
extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data
requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Ability to work in a
highly independent and self-directed work environment.
The client offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive
salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical,
dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with
employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia
Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for
Keywords: Bevov, Ames , Senior Analytical Chemist, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!