Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Our manufacturing client in Ames, Iowa is looking to hire a
Buyer. This buyer has the opportunity to participate in supplier
negotiation and perform a variety of routine or low dollar
purchasing tasks that involve materials, supplies or services.
- Review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved
- Evaluate bids as needed.
- Select or recommend suppliers as needed.
- Negotiate price, delivery, quality and service.
- Follow up on all awards until order completion.
- Assist in negotiations for major purchases by developing or
compiling statistical information and gathering other data as
- Coordinate with the Accounting department as required to
resolve questions on suppliers invoices.
- Coordinate with Engineering department on phase in/phase out
- Track shipments to the 3PL, subcontractors and receiving
departments to support assembly line production.
- Commodities buyer will be responsible for valves, distributors
and fabricated parts.
- Requires a Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Requires intermediate negotiation abilities and above average
- Shows excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing competence in computerized procurement systems.
- Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Needs to be thorough, attention to detail, ability to
multi-task, analytical thinker, follow-up is critical.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Ames , Buyer, Other , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!