POSITION: Machine Operator I
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the downstream equipment is in good and safe condition
and maintained clean at all times.
• Effectively run the machines and ensure it has enough raw
• Show consideration of the recycling procedures
• Report any mechanical issues to the Maintenance Technician.
Tracking down any defects and reporting them to the QA
• Become a member of the downstream conversion team.
• Complete all required downstream paperwork (rework, bulk
downtime, non-conforming sheets, etc.) and hand in at end of
• Before your shift begins, coordinate issues as to who is
running which bulk? Who will go to the rework area? Who will take
first break, etc.?
• Maintain a high degree of housekeeping at all times. Start all
large cleaning jobs early in your shift to ensure their
• Ensure that all conveyor lines are free of blockages by being
fully away of your surroundings.
• Perform basic preventative maintenance on strappers and
• Be alert of the rework area status at all times.
• Know the whereabouts of other team members at all times.
• Be aware of all Company Policies, Safety Rules and Regulations
and comply with them.
• Know and understand all Machine Safety Procedures including
Lock Out/Tag Out and General Safety procedures including
Fire/Evacuation Accident Reporting, and all aspects of the Safety
Contract, Basic Machine Operation, House Keeping Practices and GEMP
• High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be
made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, or walk and is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb
stairs. The employee is regularly required to communicate with
other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. Employee is
required to be awake and alert during all work hours. The employee
must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other