Software Architect - 2 yrs exp
Company: Job Trim
Posted on: July 5, 2019
Job Trim is currently seeking a Software Architect in the Ames or
Clear Lake, IA area on behalf of our client.
Java. Spring. Angular. Python. PostgreSQL. AI tech. AWS. These are
just a few of the technologies leveraged within our client's
Platform solutions architected by Software Architects. You will
have the opportunity to meet with clients to better understand
their complex and challenging problems. You'll also architect and
design solutions using relational and columnar data stores,
micro-services and cloud
architectures, text analytics, and more. Your work will help
reinvent the way companies manage risk, compliance, and data.
If you're curious about how technology should work and enjoy
solving problems, this is the right space for you. Use your
creativity, share your point of view with clients and colleagues,
and have enough grit to see the project to its end. It's like a
puzzle. You know there are multiple ways to architect it. Every
tool and capability will be at your disposal. And you'll be able to
test your enterprise software architecture ideas with other
experienced professionals in the organization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the delivery of the technical components of a our
client's Platform solution project on time, on budget, and with
- Establish overall technical architecture vision for the Platform
solution and create Technical Architecture Blueprints
- Through requirement reviews and architecture/design decisions,
align scope with existing Platform capabilities and identify
options to meet the business requirements in different ways, to
delight the client
- Review business requirements from a technical implementation
perspective, providing feedback to business analysts and requesting
further requirement specifications when necessary
- Decompose the technical architecture into more granular
elaboration, design and implementation work items with estimates,
collaborating with Project Management on appropriate scheduling
within the overall plan
- Ensure successful alignment with or client's software engineering
process, and provide process and standards feedback via reviews
directly with our client's CTO
- Provide overall leadership for a team of software engineers,
reviewing requirements, designs and code to enable continued growth
and to foster an overall culture of engineering excellence
- 7+ years of software engineering experience required, with 2 or
more years as a software designer or architect
- Preferred experience includes Java, relational and non-relational
databases, Angular UI framework, micro-services architecture,
DevSecOps and cloud computing
- Capable of decomposing a perceived large problem into requisite
parts for problem solving.
- Strong communication skills are necessary, including the ability
to effectively communicate technical requirements and collaborate
with clients to understand their needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred
- AWS Solution Architect certification is preferred, but not
- Included in our client's Development Program - a guided program
consisting of targeted learning opportunities and mentor-ship to
assist you in career growth, personal development and opportunity
for promotion and advancement.
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- 3 weeks paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a
- Wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, equipment, and
- Access to free on-site fitness center in Clear Lake location
- Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable
- Free on-site covered parking.
- Access to company dining facility in Clear Lake location.
Keywords: Job Trim, Ames , Software Architect - 2 yrs exp, IT / Software / Systems , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!