HR Business Partner
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: August 9, 2019
Workiva is hiring an HR Business Partner. This individual will
partner with assigned internal client groups to understand
short-term and long-term business goals and to develop and deliver
talent management programs and solutions in support of them. This
role has responsibilities for matters including but not limited to
employee relations, change management, performance development,
employee engagement, coaching, retention, and succession planning.
The HR Business Partner plays a critical role in nurturing the
Workiva culture by encouraging positive relations between employees
and by modeling open communication and effective teamwork.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Establish excellent relationships with business leaders and
employees in assigned internal client groups to build understanding
of their strategies, challenges, opportunities, and needs.
* Design and implement talent solutions that drive positive changes
across the organization.
* Utilize a strong understanding of the HR body of knowledge when
partnering with assigned client groups.
* Develop effective collaborative partnerships across the HR team
to ensure consistent alignment with goals and priorities and to
develop and implement effective solutions.
* Influence talent decisions by keeping a pulse on the business,
teams, local market, and industry.
* Identify gaps in current talent and helps leaders anticipate and
plan for future needs.
* Extend advice and coach employees and management on human
resources issues including employee relations, conflict resolution,
company policy interpretation, and management principles.
* Interpret and leverage data to problem-solve and drive talent
* Influence organizational design decisions and contribute to
change management and communication plans.
* Conduct investigations and resolve employee issues.
* Provide guidance, coaching, and advice as an innovative
problem-solver in performance related matters. Ensure legal
compliance and mitigate risk.
* Coach and train managers to establish and maintain a positive
culture and engaging work environment.
* Lead and manage employee engagement activities.
* Foster the company s employee-centric culture, encouraging open
and transparent communications.
* Update and monitor adherence to HR policies/procedures and
timelines; ensure legal compliance.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or
related field preferred.
* PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
* 5-7 years progressive responsibility in human resources
disciplines including employee relations, change management,
compensation, diversity, organizational development, and
* Preferred experience in a global high growth software
* Ability to build trust and credibility with key business partners
and all levels of employees across the company, including executive
* Strong ability to coach, provide advice, influence, and
facilitate healthy dialogue.
* Highly effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Able to translate strategic initiatives into operational
* Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and
* Able to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask
and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures
simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and good
judgment. Must handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and
* Ability to identify and resolve issues independently, will take
initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
* Knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state
* Enthusiasm to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
* Ability to travel up to 15%
WHERE YOU LL WORK:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a
difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and
provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market.
We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are
hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems. Workiva
offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you
to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
* Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15%
* Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your
first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases
based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to
work remotely on an as needed basis.
* Health & Wellness: Need a break* Hit the relaxation room, or take
a bike ride.
* Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with
stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly
offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
* Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief
that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the
continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate
against an employee or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical
disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other
protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training,
benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or
other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all
employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Ames , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!