Accountant - Payroll
Posted on: May 9, 2020
The Accountant supports the financial statement close cycle and
operational accounting functions to ensure timely reporting and
compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures. Key job
responsibilities may include assisting with monthly close
activities, working with customer invoices, contracts, credit
memos, account reconciliations, daily bill entry and vendor
management, and compiling information as necessary for
What You'll Do
- Assesses accounting reports for accuracy, completeness, and
conformance to department, organizational, and compliance policies
- Reviews transactions for appropriate coding while understanding
and interpreting company policies to ensure compliance
- Performs activities within a public company internal control
environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to ensure
- Uses accounting knowledge to prepare month and quarter-end
journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting
- Handles outside auditor questions and provides support to
outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- Ensures proper recognition of revenue and expenses are captured
on organization's financial statements
- Handles queue of customer, sales team, and/or vendor inquiries
and forwards to appropriate team member for response; researches
and responds to more complex questions; escalates to higher levels
- Reviews and interprets sales contracts and/or vendor agreements
to confirm agreement details
- Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen,
and technical expertise
What You'll Need
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic
computer skills required
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and
outside of the company
- 1-2 years experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Associates degree in accounting with 3-6 years of significant
progressive experience in accounting would be considered in lieu of
- CPA preferred
- Minimal travel
Where You'll WorkOur values drive how we work and who we hire. You
will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers,
work with team members, build our products and in the work
environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today's most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most
people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource
Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans,
Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering,
Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Keywords: Workiva, Ames , Accountant - Payroll, Human Resources , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!