Accountant - Payroll
Posted on: March 15, 2020
As a Payroll Accountant at Workiva, you will support the
financial statement close cycle and operational accounting
functions to ensure timely reporting and compliance with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies and
procedures. In this role, you may assist with monthly close
activities, preparing and reviewing payrolls by country, account
reconciliations, and compiling information as necessary for
auditors.What Youll Do:
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness,
and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance
policies and standards.
- You will review transactions for appropriate coding while
understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure
- You will perform activities within a public company's internal
control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to
ensure organizational compliance.
- You will use your accounting knowledge to prepare month and
quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provide support
to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will ensure proper recognition of payroll and related
expenses are captured on organization's financial statements.
- You will handle queue of employee, department and vendor
inquiries and forward to appropriate team members for response; you
will research and respond to more complex questions and will
escalate as needed.
- You will review and interpret local payroll contracts and laws
for appropriate application.
- You will demonstrate and apply strong accounting and payroll
knowledge, acumen, and technical expertise.What Youll Need:
- 1+ year of accounting experience required
- Bachelors degree in accounting required; Associates degree in
accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience in
accounting would be considered in lieu of Bachelors degree
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic
computer skills required
- Payroll knowledge preferred
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and
outside of the companyWhere Youll Work: Our values drive how we
work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we
support our customers, work with team members, build our products
and in the work environment weve created.
- Customer Success:Always delight our customers.
- Trust:We rely on each other.
- Integrity:Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration:Share resources and work together.
- Innovation:Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion:Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability:Be responsible for your success and failure.We
believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture
gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give
our employees the freedom and resources they needbacked by our
culture of collaboration and diverse thoughtto continue innovating
and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range
of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of todays
most challenging problems. At Workiva, youll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits:With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress:Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource
Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans,
Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering,
Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance:We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
- Learn more:
Keywords: Workiva, Ames , Accountant - Payroll, Human Resources , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!