Merchandiser - Ames area
Company: Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DetailsJob Location Ames Branch - Ames, IA -
Overview/Function: The Merchandiser plays a key role in the sales
process of Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company products. They visit
customer locations setting out product, rotating new product, and
install and maintain point-of-sale displays.
- Follow Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottlings merchandising standards and
sales campaign diagrams.
- Set out and rotate products to make visually appealing to
consumers and to positively reflect the company and iconic
Coca-Cola brand image.
- Act as corporate liaison for sales team and ensure professional
contact with customers, while maintaining a clean and neat
appearance at all times.
- Follow proper rotation procedure for all product areas (i.e.
shelving, coolers, displays and back-stock).
- Install and maintain point of sale items such as: discount
coupons, channel price tags, display headers, pole signs, static
- Assist Account Manager with price-management issues.
- Communicate timely to the sales/account manager and/or
supervisor any account issues or potential opportunities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area while ensuring a safe
environment for themselves, customers, and consumers. Keep back
stock area organized, clean, and condensed per company and customer
- Regularly perform minor as-needed maintenance on displays, and
report escalated repairs to Merchandising Supervisor.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent team-player
- Customer-focused with the ability to positively and effectively
interact with customers is essential
- Ability to make frequent visits to multiple customer sites each
- Valid drivers license and dependable transportation
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and
effectively solve on-site problems, while under potentially
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to varying
- Regular, consistent attendance is an essential job function
- The role will travel to various customer sites, as a result
each environment will vary.
- Extensive regional day travel is required with this
- This position is very active and requires constant standing,
walking, pushing, and pulling. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and spend
their time both on the customer floor and in their back room(s). As
a result, they should expect a fast-paced production environment
and will frequently lift and/or move items up to 40 pounds. (Moving
equipment and tools will be provided to reduce strains and
- The role is expected to be able to:
- Lift 40 pounds up to shoulder height occasionally.
- Lift up to 20 pounds above the head occasionally.
- Push carts using 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- The role will have occasional to frequent twisting, grasping,
reaching, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing will be required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
- Work hours TBD. (It will be a static, five-day work week.)
Additional or alternative days/times may be occasionally needed,
depending on customer and/or promotional campaign.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this
role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic,
ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing,
team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our
products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free
workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug
and random drug testing.
Keywords: Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Ames , Merchandiser - Ames area, Hospitality & Tourism , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!