BARTENDER / SERVER
Company: Gateway Hotel & Conference Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionGateway Hotel & Conference Center is currently
seeking a full-time bartender / server for our restaurant, The
IowaStater. This person is responsible for ensuring the
satisfaction of our guests during their experience with us. Night
and weekend availability is required.Essential Functions
- Delivery The GATEway service standards.
- Serve menu items to guests
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as
ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Create drink recipes.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and
bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Monitor guest consumption in accordance with state laws and
- Responsible to limit problems and liability related to
customers' excessive drinking escalating alcohol consumption
concerns to a supervisor, manger, or MOD immediately.
- Collect payment including running credit cards and making
- Balance cash receipts.
- Complete end of the day paperwork, reports, and balancing the
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Enforce Iowa Alcohol and Beverage Laws, by checking
identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years old
- Previous experience preferred
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to squat, lift, and push at least 50 lbs.
- I-PACT certification preferredIf interested, please apply
Keywords: Gateway Hotel & Conference Center, Ames , BARTENDER / SERVER, Hospitality & Tourism , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!