RN Clinical Practice Manager
Company: Primary Health Care Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
**This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus. See
details in the Compensation & Benefits section of this
posting.**Job SummaryThe RN Clinical Practice Manager is
responsible for providing leadership to assigned clinical areas,
building a work culture that supports effective working
relationships, achieving efficient clinic workflow and optimal
results, implementing strategic initiatives to support long-term
success, and managing daily clinical operations of a complex
ambulatory environment including staffing, finances, quality, and
- Culture building and relationships. Develops and maintains a
culture within assigned clinic consistent with the organizational
culture. Builds relationships within assigned clinic to build
trust, and patient, provider and employee satisfaction and
- Scheduling optimization. Collaborates with Clinic Administrator
to proactively manage provider scheduling to ensure optimal patient
access considering available human and physical resources.
- Financial management. Holds primary responsibility for
ownership of the financial management of the clinic operations
including purchasing, expenses, including personnel management and
revenue generation (visits).
- Implements strategic initiatives. Is responsible for
implementing strategic initiatives including leading the change
management efforts when necessary, informing and educating clinic
employees to ensure effective implementation.
- Ensures efficient clinic flow. Coordinates with the Clinic
Administrator and Area Director to ensure efficient clinic flow
that results in patient and staff satisfaction while maintaining
quality and financial objectives.
- Responsible for completion of daily huddles to facilitate
effective communication among the team.
- Support the development and implementation of clinical best
practices including ensuring use of PHC standing orders and the
Care Team Model of Care. Help improve clinic workflows by assisting
staff to work to the top of scope or licensure.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to
infection control and safety management, specifically the
requirements with OSHA, Joint Commission, EPA, HRSA, CMS, CDC, and
other applicable requirements as required by local, state, and
federal agencies and accrediting organizations.
- Performance management. Manages assigned personnel including
staffing, orientation and training, performance management, and
completing competency assessments.
- Compliance and risk management. Responsible for compliance with
accreditation, regulatory, federal and state rules and regulations
as well as organizational policies and procedures. Coordinates and
maintains the environment for assigned facilities, including
performance and maintenance of safety check lists.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and best practices in
ambulatory/community health centers and residency programs and
nursing/clinical trends, developments and practices. Identifies and
implements best practices and standards in coordination with
management team.Minimum QualificationsEducation: Associate Degree
- Five years nursing experience
- One year ambulatory care experience
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership
- Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa Board of
- Current Basic Life Support for HealthCare Providers. *
- Current Mandatory Reporter. *
- Must be obtained with Introductory Period if not
current.Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard regulations pertaining to medical
assistants and nursing policies, procedures, methods and techniques
according to nurse practice guidelines and scope of practice
according to the State Law and Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing care in accordance with regulations and
practices established by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Computer literacy. Able to perform basic functions on a
computer, including the Electronic Medical Record, Microsoft Office
applications and the Internet.
- Ability to develop and maintain a respectful, caring, tolerant,
ethical, and empowering relationship with individuals with gaps or
barriers to health care.
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for registered
nursing, practical nursing, and medical assistants to provide
patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room
- Knowledge of common ambulatory medications and their effects on
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in high stress
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone and in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with physicians, advanced practice providers,
management and peers.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow.
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections.
- Ability to work as a team member and an objective advocate for
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability to maintain both high standard of courtesy,
customer service and cooperation in dealing with coworkers,
patients and visitors, and exceptional job performance.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction,
control, or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing
from one task to another of a different nature without loss of
efficiency or composure.
- Capacity to maintain accurate records and exercise discretion
in handling confidential information.
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource
requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to
- Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to
achieve team goals. Works collaboratively with others, involves
others, shares information as appropriate, share credit for team
- Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities, adapts
behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing
conditions or unexpected obstacles. Uses creativity and imagination
to develop new insights into situations and applies new solutions
to problems. Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to consistently meet the department work schedule as
- Must be 18 years of age.
Preferred QualificationsEducation: Bachelor of Science in
- Two years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in a community health center or rural health
- Two years of experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Experience in an acute care settingLicense/Certifications: LEAN
certificationKnowledge, Skills & Abilities: Verbal and written
language proficiency in Spanish
Typical Work HoursThis position typically works Monday - Friday 8
AM - 5 PM but must be available outside of regular hours as needed.
Schedule is not guaranteed and may change based on clinic
Compensation & BenefitsCompensation is dependent on education and
experience.PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus ($1000 at hire, $500 at 6 months, $500 at
1 year). Internal candidates are not eligible for sign-on
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly
retention bonus as part of special funding through the American
Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 5 weeks at end of 1st year) plus
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical
premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family,
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insuranceVisit www.phciowa.org/careers for a
summary of PHC's benefits.
Keywords: Primary Health Care Inc, Ames , RN Clinical Practice Manager, Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!