Certified Nurses Aide (CNA)
Company: Green Hills Retirement Community
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Classification: Full-Time or Part-TimeSalary Range:
$15.50/hr - $19.00/hrApplications are processed on a weekly
WHO ARE WE?Come join our dedicated team at Green Hills Community, a
Top Workplace for two years in a row! Green Hills Community sits on
a beautiful green 30-acre campus in a relaxed natural wooded
setting minutes from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Since
1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the
retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two
retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS),
the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living
communities. We continually strive to create an environment of
trust and transparency by helping employees find a sense of purpose
in their job and achieve their highest potential while providing
hospitality to those who work and live at Green Hills.
ABOUT THE ROLE:Certified Nurses Aides (CNAs) provide care to our
residents under the direction of the RN or LPN on duty. CNAs
perform appropriate charting on each resident to maintain a
continuum of care as well as follow safety procedures and inform
the charge nurse of all relevant resident information.
We are currently seeking applicants looking for a rewarding
experience helping others to fill full-time and part-time CNA
positions on all shifts. Shifts are available in the Health Care
Center and in Assisted Living. Nursing career paths are encouraged
and provide for career development and growth. Grow your skills and
experience in an encouraging and hospitality-focused
We currently offer the following shifts, and you may select your
preferred shifts when submitting your application:1st Shift: 6:00AM
- 2:00PM2nd Shift: 2:00PM - 10:00PM3rd Shift: 10:00PM -
6:00AMWeekend Package: Fri, Sat, Sun
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL---
- Accurately document nursing care after assisting a resident, in
accordance with community and regulatory standards.
- Timely report any changes in resident condition to the RN/LPN
- Perform and chart Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in
accordance with each resident's nursing care plan.
- Administer medication under direction of the RN/LPN on
- Treat each resident as an individual and address them
- Assist residents with nutrition and hydration, monitoring food
and fluid intake as well as physically assisting with dining as
- Ensure resident rooms are kept clean and organized.
- Exhibit the highest degree of commitment to Person-Directed
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU---
- Have obtained or will obtain your CNA licensure, according to
Department of Inspections and Appeals guidelines.
- Maintain a valid registration with the Direct Care Worker
- Possess a valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a
chauffeur's endorsement within 30 days of hire.
- Can assist residents in case of an emergency, including during
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Can pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
WE VALUE OUR EMPLOYEES AND SHOW APPRECIATION THROUGH---
- Scholarships and Educational Assistance Programs, because we
value the development of our team members and promoting from
- Extraordinary Reward Points, because we value recognizing and
appreciating our employees for their hard work.
- Our comprehensive benefits, because we value health and
wellness for you and your family.
- A Monthly All-Staff Meet n' Eat, because we value a strong
company culture that creates camaraderie between departments.
- Various Employee-led Committees, because we value employee
engagement and making your voice heard.
- Uniform Allowances, because we value the work you do every day
and want to help equip you to do your job to your best
- Shift Differentials for 3rd Shift and Weekend Packages, because
we appreciate our night and weekend team members.
- A Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program, because we
understand that life happens.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH CARE CENTER:Green Hills Health Care Center offers
long-term care and Medicare-certified skilled nursing, as well as
professional Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech
Therapy, and Aqua Therapy on an inpatient and outpatient short-term
basis. CNAs in our Health Care Center help everyone whose lives we
touch-our residents, their families, and guests of our Health Care
Center. That is why we continually strive for excellence and
quality in every aspect of resident care: It's our "Hospitality
ABOUT OUR ASSISTED LIVING DEPARTMENT:CNAs in our Assisted Living
Department, referred to as Resident Aides, help residents with
daily activities, such as bathing, grooming, personal hygiene,
dressing, mobility, and medication management. They also provide
assistance with laundry, housekeeping, and more.
If you have any questions about this job posting, please call us at
(515) 357-5000 or email us at HR@GreenHillsRC.com.
Green Hills is fully complying with the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This role requires
proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as a
condition of employment.
Keywords: Green Hills Retirement Community, Ames , Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!