RN / LPN Charge Nurse
Company: Green Hills Retirement Community
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Classification: Part-TimeSalary Range (LPN): $24.50/hr -
$28.50/hrSalary Range (RN): $31.75/hr - $35.75/hrApplications are
processed on a weekly basis.WHO ARE WE?Come join our dedicated team
at Green Hills Community, a Top Workplace for two years in a row!
Green Hills Community sits on a beautiful green 30-acre campus in a
relaxed natural wooded setting minutes from Iowa State University
in Ames, Iowa. Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the
growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green
Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life
Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of
senior living communities. We continually strive to create an
environment of trust and transparency by helping employees find a
sense of purpose in their job and achieve their highest potential
while providing hospitality to those who work and live at Green
Hills.ABOUT THE ROLE:This position is responsible for the provision
and supervision of direct resident care on a specified shift.
Serves as senior employee on-site in the absence of the
Administrator and Director of Nursing.We will hire candidates who
have successfully completed nursing education requirements while
you wait to take licensing exams. Green Hills will pay exam costs
for employees after 90 days of employment.The following positions
- Nights (7:00PM - 7:00AM)
- PRN (as needed).YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE
- Supervise Health Care Center staff and participate as needed to
provide care for residents in accordance with community standards
- Be responsible for the proper and timely provision of care in
response to the townhome/apartment emergency system.
- Assess the health and mental status for each resident during
the shift by making rounds in accordance with community
- Electronically document nursing care, medication
administration, incident reports, and more.
- Maintain communication with other operating departments and
personnel to ensure resident needs are addresses in a timely
fashion, including housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, and
more.WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU---
- Are a currently licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed practical
Nurse with the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Have computer skills and Microsoft Office experience.
- Can work independently and accurately.
- Licensed Practical Nurses are required to successfully complete
the LPN supervisory course within 90 days of hire as well as
receive IV management certification within one year of
employment.WE VALUE OUR EMPLOYEES AND SHOW APPRECIATION THROUGH---
- Scholarships and Educational Assistance Programs, because we
value the development of our team members and promoting from
- Extraordinary Reward Points, because we value recognizing and
appreciating our employees for their hard work.
- Our comprehensive benefits, because we value health and
wellness for you and your family.
- A Monthly All-Staff Meet n' Eat, because we value a strong
company culture that creates camaraderie between departments.
- Various Employee-led Committees, because we value employee
engagement and making your voice heard.
- Uniform Allowances, because we value the work you do every day
and want to help equip you to do your job to your best
- Shift Differentials for 3rd Shift and Weekend Packages, because
we appreciate our night and weekend team members.
- A Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program, because we
understand that life happens.If you have any questions about this
job posting, please call us at (515) 357-5000 or email us at
Keywords: Green Hills Retirement Community, Ames , RN / LPN Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!