Physician - Family Practice or Internal Medicine
Company: Primary Health Care
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Physician - Family Practice or Internal Medicine Requisition
Number: PHYSI001580 Job Details Description Reporting to the
Medical Director, the Physician provides patient care services to
the Primary Health Care, Inc. (PHC) patient population in assigned
PHC clinic sites, and on occasion including any of the various
Outreach Project sites, including, but not limited to, patient
homes, school based clinics, mobile unit(s), shelters, street
sites, and any other current or future designated location or PHC
site. Works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to
provide, delegate, evaluate, and coordinate comprehensive
professional care for patients of all cultures and backgrounds.
Meets ever changing healthcare challenges while engaging patients
in holistic care. Promotes a clinic environment in which medical
providers retain independent judgment and responsibility of the
practice of medicine. Essential Functions
- Provides medical care in accordance with established standards,
regulations, and policies and procedures of PHC.
- Obtains medical histories and performs complete and/or
appropriate examination to diagnose and treat patients in person or
vial telemedicine as appropriate.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests including radiology and
laboratory studies and interprets results.
- Writes medical orders and prescriptions.
- Performs approved procedures.
- Provides patient and family education and counseling.
- Accurately codes patient encounters. Maintains and monitors
electronic medical records including history, physical exams,
progress notes, and discharge summaries. Ensures complete
documentation of medical records within the designated time frame
established by PHC.
- Completes appropriate correspondence, phone calls, referral
documentation, prior authorizations, refills, and letters to
patients and referring providers within the designated time frame
established by PHC.
- Actively participates in process improvement work and quality
measures consistent with organizational priorities.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements including,
but not limited to, risk management, medical records/peer review,
accreditation requirements and federal, state, and local
- Provides clinical supervision for Physician Assistant providers
and consultation to any advance practice clinicians as needed.
- Participates in clinic and didactic instruction and provides
consultation, leadership, mentoring, coaching, training,
orientation, and education for employees, students, and residents.
Participates in research as desired. Minimum Qualifications
Education: Graduate of an accredited medical school. Experience:
- Licensed Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine (D.O.) in the state of Iowa.
- Board Certified as appropriate for license/specialty (Family
Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, etc.). Physicians must be
board certified within five years of residency completion.
- Current registration with the Federal Drug Enforcement
Administration (DEA) and Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners
- *Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers
Certification recognized by the American Heart Association.
- *Current Mandatory Reporter Training: Child and Dependent Adult
Abuse recognized by the Iowa Department of Public Health. * Must be
obtained with Introductory Period if not current Typical Work Hours
This position typically works 24 hours per week, potential for
additional hours in the future. The schedule for this position will
vary and could include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Compensation & Benefits Compensation is dependent on education and
experience. PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package,
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly
retention bonus as part of special funding through the American
Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 5 weeks at end of 1st year) plus
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical
premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family,
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
Keywords: Primary Health Care, Ames , Physician - Family Practice or Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!