Dental Assistant (Float)
Company: Primary Health Care
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Dental Assistant (Float)
$2000 Sign On Bonus + $500 Quarterly Retention Bonus
Requisition Number: DENTA001576
- Facilitates positive patient experiences in the dental clinic
while ensuring efficient and productive patient flow.
- Prepares operatory for patient visit and procedures
demonstrating knowledge of dentistry procedures, procedure set up,
and materials.b. Greets and establishes rapport with patient.
Ensures that patient is treated with care and compassion throughout
the visit.c. Collects and records patient health history.d.
Collects and submits all patient services and billing
information.e. Assists the care provider and supports the patient
in the provision of optimal comprehensive care, before, during and
after procedures.f. Completes dental x-rays pursuant to Iowa Code
Chapter 20 Section 650.g. Adheres to organizational policies and
procedures to minimize risk of radiation exposure to employees and
patients.h. Provides laboratory support, including pouring and
trimming study models.i. Performs direct patient care as delegated
by the dentist in accordance with the Iowa practice act.j.
Instructs patients and their family members on general oral health
care and information related to post-treatment care.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, materials, and
equipment. Maintains documents for equipment maintenance as well as
instrument and supply inventory.3. Follows infection control
policies and procedures.
- Performs pre-cleaning and transport of contaminated
instruments.b. May perform sterile processing of instruments as
- Ensures assigned tasks are completed in compliance with all
applicable regulations, accreditation standards and PHC policies
and procedures.5. Completes and maintains patient records and
related documents consistent with HIPAA and other related
regulations and PHC policies and procedures.
- Graduation from an accredited dental assisting program or
documentation of equivalent training that meets the Iowa Dental
Board requirements for dental assistants2. Current QDA Registration
through the Iowa Dental Board3. *Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
for Health Care Providers Certification recognized by the American
Heart Association4. *Current Mandatory Reporter Training: Child and
Dependent Adult Abuse recognized by the Iowa Department of Public
Health*Must obtain within 90 days of hire/transfer date if not
current upon hire/effective date.
Typical Work Hours
This position typically works 40 hours per week. The schedule for
this position is tentative and will vary based on clinic needs but
will typically be Monday - Friday between 8:00AM - 5:00PM, with
occasional evening hours.
Compensation & Benefits
PHC Dental Assistants are eligible for a starting base rate of
$17.25 - $25.00 per hour calculated based on each individual's
related experience and education.
PHC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- $2,000 sign-on bonus ($500 at hire, $500 at 6 months, $1000 at
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly
retention bonus as part of special funding through the American
Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 4 weeks at end of 1st year) plus
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical
premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family,
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
Keywords: Primary Health Care, Ames , Dental Assistant (Float), Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!