RN Stress - Iowa Heart Center
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Overview: MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit,
Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
GENERAL SUMMARY:Under direction, performs stress testing as well as
providing professional nursing care for
clinic patients following Iowa Heart Center's established standards
- Greets, educates and prepares patients for procedure (testing,
special procedures) according to protocol. Reports and documents
- Establishes IV sites and administers intravenous medications as
a part of various diagnostic tests.
- Performs Cardiac Stress Testing using treadmill exercise or
pharmacological agents. This includes patient preparation and
informed consent, obtaining physician approval for exercise, ECKG
monitoring and recording and preparation of a test report for the
- Maintains procedure rooms with necessary supplies and
materials. Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional affiliations.
- Ensures proper functioning of equipment and reports
malfunctions to department director.
- Participates in ALARA program.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Orders supplies for the nuclear medicine department.
- Reviews cardiac testing results and calls the patients with
results or routes to the appropriate staff for follow-up.
- Travels to other Iowa Heart Center offices as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or compact state.
- Valid Iowa Driver's/Chauffeurs License required, must meet
Mercy's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years
of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Three years of RN nursing experience required. Two years of
critical care experience preferred or clinical cardiac equivalent
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class within 6 months of hire.
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class within 1 year of hire.
- Level III Advanced 12 Lead EKG class within 18 months of
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care, intensive, nurse,
psychatric, surgery, surgical, tcu, unit
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Ames , RN Stress - Iowa Heart Center, Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!