Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Accura HealthCare of Ames
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Accura HealthCare of Ames has a great opportunity to add nurses
to our team! If you are seeking an organization that cares about
you, we promote a family style environment offering an opportunity
for both you and our residents to thrive. Accura HealthCare's
purpose says it all - to care for others. When we say others, that
includes you!Come work alongside other dedicated healthcare
professionals in a collaborative, team oriented environment. Let's
not forget, we also like to have fun! You chose a purpose filled
career and, for that, we thank you for being a difference maker in
the lives of others. We invite you to apply for an opportunity to
experience the enjoyment of being a nurse within an organization
that recognizes you as a healthcare hero.Job Summary:The Registered
Nurse assists in the administration of quality nursing care for the
facility in concurrence with resident care plans. Renders nursing
care to cater to client's individual needs through practice of
recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established
standards. Assists in maintaining a physical, social, and
psychological environment which will be conducive to the best
interest and welfare of the resident in conjunction with our Core
Values.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Directly influences resident care plans and proactively makes
adjustments based on resident needs. Consults and coordinates with
health care team members to asses, plan, implement and evaluate
resident care plans.
- Completes proper charting accurately and completely; performs
other administrative duties related to resident care in an
efficient and timely manner.
- Serves as a leader in the nursing department with direct
influence over CNA's and CMA's in providing care; works as a member
of the care team to maintain optimum resident care standards.
- Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs,
builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates
with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and
establishes good rapport with the residents.
- Assists physicians in rounds and reviews orders. Orders
medications, maintains resident chart, receives and documents
physician orders. Notifies physician and family of incidents or
changes in condition of resident.
- Follows the American Nurse Association's Scope and Standard of
Practice to ensure residents, families, and the public that the
nursing care they receive is competent and up to date with the
latest research; adheres to the Nursing Standards of Practice as a
benchmark for nursing care standards.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy; treats
residents with kindness, dignity and respect; knows and complies
with Residents Rights rules; and promptly reports all resident
grievances to management.
- Understands and follows established Universal Precaution
guidelines, infection control and safety rules; ensures cleanliness
of assigned residents rooms; displays an awareness of cleanliness
and proper maintenance at all drug carts/rooms and to maintain a
clean working environment; maintains a locked medication room and/
or cart when unattended; reports hazardous conditions or equipment
to the appropriate person; follows established safety rules, and
fire and disaster procedures.
- Communicates with family members regarding condition and
progress of residents, including in-person and answering of
telephone inquiries taking into account the nature of the
- Requisitions necessary supplies to meet unit needs as well as
ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in
conjunction with our core values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as
assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- State of Iowa RN licensure by the Iowa Board of Nursing
- CPR Certification (required).
- 1 year of practical nursing experience in a clinical setting or
long term care facility (preferred).
- Advanced preparation in geriatric care (preferred).
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and willingness to work
harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional
personnel.Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture,
putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the
organization. Our Resource Center associates play a key role in
supporting Accura's purpose, "to care for others" and advancing the
mission, "to be partners in care and family for life" and are
expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating
and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability,
commitment, and kindness through the development of strong
relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and
follow-up.Accura HealthCare, a leading post-acute healthcare
provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South
Dakota and Nebraska, and growing.**DUE TO NEW CMS REGULATIONS, OUR
TEAM WILL ADHERE TO FEDERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID
Keywords: Accura HealthCare of Ames, Ames , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!