Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: Accura HealthCare of Ames
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Accura HealthCare of Ames has opportunities to add CNAs to our
team! Whether you are a brand new CNA or are blessed to have many
years of experience, we'd have interest in learning more about you.
After all, you spend a good portion of your life working so why not
join an organization that values you and recognizes you as a
healthcare hero?:Our culture is collaborative and team oriented,
fostering an environment that is conducive for both you and our
residents to thrive. If you desire an organization that feels like
family, Accura's mission state says it all. We are partners in
care, family for life. Apply today to learn what makes us a great
employer for you!Job Summary:Certified Nursing Assistants are
responsible for providing industry leading personal care and
assistance in the facility. Assist residents with personal hygiene,
including assistance with dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding,
and the giving of baths/showers as well as provide basic treatments
as required with direction of the nursing staff.Essential
- Participates as a member of the care team and help maintains
the physical, social and psychological environment conducive to
residents' welfare and best interests.
- Observes and reports resident conditions to nursing staff or
appropriate supervisor and all information pertaining to procedures
carried out, changes, incidents or unusual findings.
- Becomes familiar with residents' daily needs, likes, dislikes,
etc. in order to personalize care given each individual per the
residents' care plan.
- Records all appropriate resident care information accurately
and in a timely manner. Observes and reports to Charge Nurse
unusual occurrences and changes in resident condition.
- Responds to resident call lights in a timely manner. Listens
and responds to resident needs in an appropriate and service minded
- Assists residents in transferring from bed, chair, wheelchair,
toilet etc., using appropriate equipment and following principles
of body mechanics and safety (help determine number of persons for
assist; use gait belt, lifts, grab bars, etc.).
- Helps restore independence through teaching and encouragement
in ADL skills (eating, dressing, ambulation, toileting, etc.).
- Develops personalized rapport with residents and provides
assistance as requested to residents to care for their belongings.
Creates an environment and atmosphere that is customized to their
style and preferences.
- Demonstrates fun in creating a positive atmosphere for
residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and complete daily assignments as assigned
and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education and
- High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred).
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Successful completion of 75-hour Nurse Aide course
- CPR Certification (preferred).Accura HealthCare embraces a
unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff
at the top level of the organization. Our Resource Center
associates play a key role in supporting Accura's purpose, "to care
for others" and advancing the mission, "to be partners in care and
family for life" and are expected to provide exceptional customer
service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust,
integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the
development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and
effective communication and follow-up.Accura HealthCare, a leading
post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in
Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing.**DUE TO
NEW CMS REGULATIONS, OUR TEAM WILL ADHERE TO FEDERAL RULES AND
GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID TESTING**
Keywords: Accura HealthCare of Ames, Ames , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Healthcare , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!