Posted on: January 5, 2022
The Facility Manager is responsible for strategic development
and overall management of real estate (owned and leased), sourcing
and supplier management, and vehicle fleet management for the YSS
organization. The Facility Manager specializes in developing
operating standards in collaboration with Community Based Center
Directors across YSS locations. This position is responsible for
the implementation of standards and processes to ensure uniform
acquisition and management of the real estate portfolio and develop
a fleet management program to ensure safe and reliable
vehicles.REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE/SKILL
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Five years of related experience are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills desired.
- Confident, positive attitude with the ability to motivate staff
to achieve projects.Facility Operations
- Responsible for maintaining all YSS assets related to vehicles,
facilities and grounds.
- In-depth understanding of owned and leased locations including
housing, offices, leased/rented facilities, and other types of
- Ensures properties are regularly inspected for safety and
maintenance problems; directs and/or performs preventative
maintenance/gardening work on grounds; makes recommendations
regarding replacement versus repair, the necessity of upgrading
items, and cost of such supplies and equipment. Follows up on
volunteer and vendor work quality.
- Ensures that work orders and service requests are completed in
a courteous, timely, and efficient manner.
- Maintains facilities maintenance department records and filing
- Oversees and keep records on all maintenance equipment
- Recommends need for contract and outside vendor services.
Assist as directed with specification review, bidding and
supervision of contracted services. Provides cost estimates for
Facilities department projects and submits them to the Operations.
- Provides emergency call back up.
NON-ESSENTIAL PRIMARY FUNTIONSVendor Request and Services
- Works with architects, engineers, city managers/zoning
commissions, contractors and partners as required.
- Consolidates vehicle fleet management under one operating
system to manage owned/leased vehicles, ensure completion of
preventative maintenance, and manage insurance and licensing
- Develops and maintain a purchasing and tracking system for
major equipment; anticipates equipment needs and purchases them
with Operations approval.
- Purchases inventory material for maintenance crew. Maintain an
inventory record, provides controls over materials and
Lead, Manage, Accountability
- Cultivates strong relationships across YSS locations to ensure
the needs of each facility are being incorporated into programs and
- Communicates regularly with the Community Based Center
Directors about the needs and regulations and procedures for the
effective operation of the buildings and the maintenance and
custodial programs so that cooperative working relationships with
building staff are encouraged and maintained.
- Works with grant writer on submitting grants for agency
- Approves staff timesheets and requests for personal time off.
- Reviews staff performance as set forth by the employee manual.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, training, firing,
transfers and promotions of facility department staff.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates policies and
procedures, serves as liaison between the facilities department and
- Plans, organizes and gives direction to the maintenance staff
in the execution of maintenance and repair work.
- Conducts new hire safety training, provides ongoing training
and education on safety-related issues.
- Updates and maintains the emergency preparedness instructions.
Holds emergency preparedness meetings at least on an annual basis
to review safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains effective communications with staff and stakeholders
support and to seek perceptions and ideas for the improvement of
Compliance and Safety
- Leads, organizes, manages, and supervises all maintenance and
custodial operations in compliance with all applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements a multi-year Comprehensive Maintenance
Plan that is both corrective and preventative for the upkeep of all
facilities, grounds, and the major facilities systems (HVAC,
mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and structural).
- Recommends policies and regulations dealing with facilities.
- Develops, implements, and monitors an energy conservation
program, making recommendations for efficiency and reduction in the
costs of operating the facilities.
- Assures adherence to all required contract licensing bodies and
local property and business ordinances.
Keywords: YSS, Ames , Facility Manager, Executive , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!