FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
Company: Gateway Hotel & Conference Center
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Gateway Hotel & Conference Center at Iowa State University
is seeking a Front Office Manager. The Gateway is the largest,
full-service hotel and conference center in Ames, Iowa, with 187
guest rooms, a three-meal restaurant, and over 16,000 sq. feet of
banquet and meeting space. A Front Office Manager is responsible
for directing and administering Front Office operations in the
hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and
financial profitability. What will you be doing: As Front Office
Manager, you would be responsible for directing and administering
Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver
outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following
tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all Front Office operations to include, but not limited
to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room
inventory and availability, guest service standards and
initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall
profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management,
budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and
procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not
limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting
counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate
and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries, requests
and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolves
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote hotel
services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products,
services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of
the local area and events.
- Complete audit procedures, as needed Recruit, interview and
train team members. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years prior departmental management experience in front
office or related disciplines.
- Time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and lead each discipline of the department
- Ability to manage according to employment and Innkeeper laws of
- Prior cash handling experience necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to learn new PMS and ORS.
- The hotel uses Agilysys, Visual One PMS and iHotelier online
- EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender
Identity/Sexual Orientation. Reports directly to the General
Manager. Must be able to work flexible shifts including evenings,
holidays and weekends.
Keywords: Gateway Hotel & Conference Center, Ames , FRONT OFFICE MANAGER, Executive , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!