Senior Product Development Engineer - Materials
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: November 18, 2023
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace
and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and
gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we
make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in
integrity, inclusion and belonging.We are looking for a Senior
Product Development Engineer to join our HNI Workplace Furnishings
team. The Product Development Engineer performs a variety of
engineering work in planning and design of products and/or product
components and works with other engineering or production
disciplines to ensure proper implementation of design. What You
- Develop original designs or adaptations (such as specials,
tailored products, etc.) requiring specialized experience.
- Lead the development of technical, manufacturable designs from
initial product concepts, prototypes, testing and initiates the
identification of intellectual property infringement and patent
creation services and drives the implementation and management of
all CAD modeling throughout the PLM process, including management
of all product engineering drawings and Product Data Management
- Establish product specifications, including dimensional,
performance, and visual specifications, and then manages those
specifications as they relate to product management, quality,
operations, and supplier relations.
- Create new test plans to ensure product will be compliant with
applicable industry standards and product specifications and
performs product reliability testing to ensure continued
- Create and/or update and analyze bill of materials and
understands related costs for each component, as well as labor and
burden costs associated with building the product in the chosen
facility and makes recommendations for profit improvements.
- Partner with producing locations to run production pilots and
to ensure production readiness.
- Work with production, other engineering disciplines, marketing,
sales and quality to implement designs and ensure that project
goals are met.
- Monitor quality and design issues and deploy projects to reduce
customer pain points.
- Execute engineering change requests and temporary deviations as
- Research and investigate new materials, methods, production
processes and suppliers that benefit the design, function, and
- Participate in or lead 3P rapid continuous improvement
events.What You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related field.
- At least 2 years of proven progressive engineering experience
(internal or external).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and understand task
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.HNI
Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings
and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace
furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of
commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique
brands. The residential building products segment is the nations
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.As one of the
larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018,
2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was
named in 2020, 2021, and #6 in 2022 as one of America's Most
Responsible Companies by Newsweek. How we act today protects how we
live tomorrow. Check out our CSR Report here:
https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibilityDiversity, equity, and
inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are
operational imperatives. We value each others differences in
experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our
customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To
learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit
www.HNIbenefits.com.We also invite you to visit us at
www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Ames , Senior Product Development Engineer - Materials, Engineering , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!