Land Development Engineer
Company: Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA)
Posted on: June 19, 2022
CGA is seeking a Civil Engineer specializing in Land Development
Engineering to join our growing team. -CGA is a mid-sized,
full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm
headquartered in Marshalltown, Iowa, serving Iowa for over 60
years. CGA offers its employees a work-life balance, a flexible
work culture, and a casual and fun work environment. You can choose
to be located out of any one of our four offices (Ackley, Ames,
Cedar Falls, or Marshalltown).
FINDING THE RIGHT FITWe are seeking an engineer with a strong
background in land development. To be clear, we aren't seeking an
engineer who is only pursuing a job. We are looking for someone who
is ready to take their career to the next level, someone who has
strong collaborative skills to move projects forward, someone who
wants the freedom to pursue the work they love, someone interested
in the opportunity for further ownership.
ABOUT THE JOBYou will be focused on collaborating with a
cross-functional team to design site layout plans on a variety of
land development projects by utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D. You
will provide technical expertise in site/civil design,
hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and
stormwater management. Time will be spent coordinating permitting
with FEMA, DOT, DNR, County, and local municipalities. You will
continue to build client relationships by growing our current
clients and pursuing new ones through marketing activities.
ABOUT YOU -Specifically, we're looking for someone who:
- Has a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or
- Is in possession of a Professional Engineering License issued
by the State of Iowa or can obtain one within six months.
- Has a proven track record of experience in municipal site
designs, permitting, and applicable software applications including
hydrology modeling programs, storm drainage programs, AutoCAD, and
- Is an innovative, motivated, and entrepreneurial individual who
is committed to providing value to our clients.
- Loves teaching fellow engineers through one-on-one
- Takes on construction administration duties, including
submittal review, field inspections, RFIs, and change requests,
- Can quickly acquire familiarity with the roles and functions of
the current projects and workload.
- Excels in communication skills including not only written and
verbal communication, but strong active listening skills.
- Has strong networking skills to continue to grow our project
- Is proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and
software, including but not limited to MS Office applications, and
Adobe products needed for the performance of work.
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE WOULD ALSO HAVE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Five to ten years of experience in design in Land Development
- Proven project management skills
CGA is an EEO employer.
Keywords: Clapsaddle-Garber Associates, Inc. (CGA), Ames , Land Development Engineer, Engineering , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!