Instructional Designer - Education Services
Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2020
We re looking for a creative Instructional Designer with a proven
track record of designing and developing engaging learning
experiences. As an Instructional Designer on our Education Services
team, you will be responsible for creating engaging, just-in-time,
relevant course content for Workiva's customers, partners and
What You\'ll Be Doing:
* Execute end-to-end instructional design process with a sense of
urgency and drive for excellence.
* Utilize course authoring tools (Articulate Storyline/360,
Captivate) to create engaging training content.
* Work with Subject Matter Experts to produce online, self-paced
training content for customers, partners and internal
* Manage Subject Matter Experts and stakeholder relationships to
clearly understand the business, target audience, and content needs
to construct learning and performance outcomes.
* Employ a rapid-development approach and strong instructional
design principles to build creative and innovative training.
* Establish instructional end goals and create content to drive
* Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout
the program life cycle.
* Collaborate cross-functionally to improve end-to-end customer
experience and identify opportunities to re purpose existing
What You\'ll Need:
* 3+ years instructional design experience required
* B.A./B.S. degree in instructional design, education technology or
* Highly proficient using authoring tools such as (Articulate
Storyline/360, Captivate) required
* Highly proficient in graphic, video and audio production tools
(Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Adobe illustrator, Adobe
Audition, Camtasia) required
* Experience in agile instructional design methodology
* Preferred experience building online learning content for SaaS
* Ability to provide a portfolio and/or eLearning sample
* Excellent interpersonal skills, being assertive and effective in
engaging people, and the ability to work against tight deadlines
with a high quality of work
Where You\'ll Work:
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment we ve
* Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
* Trust: We rely on each other.
* Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
* Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
* Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
* Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
* Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you ll enjoy:
* Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups,
(Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow
(LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide
celebrations, and more
* Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
* Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief
that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the
continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate
against an employee or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical
disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other
protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training,
benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or
other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all
employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Ames , Instructional Designer - Education Services, Education / Teaching , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!