Accountant - Financial Reporting
Company: Workiva Inc.
Posted on: July 10, 2019
As an Accountant at Workiva, you will work alongside a cohesive and
growing team, who has high visibility to senior leadership. You
will have the ability to be dynamic and will embrace continuous
learning. You will focus on supporting the financial statement
close cycle and operational accounting functions to ensure timely
reporting and compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), local GAAP and company policies and procedures.
You will assist with monthly close activities, working with account
reconciliations, assisting with Securities and Exchange Commission
(SEC) and foreign statutory reporting, and compiling information as
necessary for auditors.
What You'll Do
- You will assist with preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings
(10-Ks and 10-Qs).
- You will review transactions for the appropriate coding while
understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure
- You will use Accounting knowledge to prepare month and
quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provides support
to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will review and interpret contracts and/or vendor
agreements to confirm appropriate accounting under US GAAP.
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness,
and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance
policies and standards.
- You will perform activities within a public company internal
control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to
ensure organizational compliance.
What You'll Need
- 1+ year of experience working as a professional Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred or Associates degree
in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Spreadsheet skills required
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and
outside of the company
Where you will work
Workiva, the leading cloud provider of connected data, reporting,
and compliance solutions, is used by thousands of enterprises
across 120 countries, including more than 75 percent of Fortune
500-- companies, and by government agencies. Our customers have
linked over five billion data elements to trust their data, reduce
risk, and save time. Workiva employs more than 1,200 people with
offices in 16 cities.
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a
difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and
provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market.
We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are
hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva
offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you
to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15%
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most
people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your
first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases
based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to
work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or
take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours
with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four
dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
Keywords: Workiva Inc., Ames , Accountant - Financial Reporting, Advertising , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!