Digital Content Editor
Company: Iowa State University Foundation
Posted on: November 18, 2021
As the Digital Content Editor on our communications team, you
will provide development, day-to-day leadership and oversight of
the foundation's digital communication efforts.
Based on qualifications and experience, a selected candidate may
hold one of these job titles: Digital Content Editor or Senior
Digital Content Editor.
- Develop and oversee the content strategy for the foundation's
- Run story planning and production meetings.
- Create and edit target audience appropriate content for use
across multiple digital channels.
- Review and approve drafts of assets - written content,
photography, and videos.
- Edit for tone, style (AP style), and adherence to the
foundation's brand standards.
- Identify specific metrics for measurement and criteria for
success and ensure that proper tracking mechanisms are in
- Create and implement promotional plans across email, social,
and web channels.
- Determine ways to improve story performance and make informed
decisions based on data.
- Provide expertise and guidance in emerging technologies,
current web and social media trends, and best practices.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in digital media, marketing,
communications, journalism, or related field.
- 2 years professional experience or combination of relevant
education and/or demonstrated work experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong
editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of content management system (CMS) platforms
like WordPress. Working knowledge of Marketing Cloud is a
- Experience with content marketing and content
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts
and Google Analytics.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple initiatives and
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some
project management experience.
- Critical thinking, analytical, and conceptualization
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor and a belief in our
organizational mission: Aligning donor passion and generosity to
advance Iowa State University's land-grant ideals.
We Can Help You Advance Your Career...
You've put in a lot of work to get where you are today, and now
you're ready to utilize your unique skills, talents, and
personality to achieve even more. Make the next step count!
To APPLY please include the following items:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- 3-4 work samples
- Three professional references' names and contact
For additional information, visit the following pages:
- Iowa State University Foundation
- Iowa State University
Keywords: Iowa State University Foundation, Ames , Digital Content Editor, Advertising , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!