Accountant - Financial Reporting
Posted on: November 10, 2019
As an Accountant at Workiva, you will work alongside a cohesive and
growing team, who has high visibility to senior leadership. You
will have the ability to be dynamic and will embrace continuous
learning. You will focus on supporting the financial statement
close cycle and operational accounting functions to ensure timely
reporting and compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), local GAAP and company policies and procedures.
You will assist with monthly close activities, working with account
reconciliations, assisting with Securities and Exchange Commission
(SEC) and foreign statutory reporting, and compiling information as
necessary for auditors.What Youll Do
- You will assist with preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings
(10-Ks and 10-Qs).
- You will review transactions for the appropriate coding while
understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure
- You will use Accounting knowledge to prepare month and
quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provide support
to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will review and interpret contracts and/or vendor
agreements to confirm appropriate accounting under US GAAP.
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness,
and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance
policies and standards.
- You will perform activities within a public company internal
control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to
ensure organizational compliance.
What Youll Need
- 1+ year of experience working as a professional Accountant
- Bachelors degree in accounting preferred or Associates degree
in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Spreadsheet skills required
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and
outside of the companyWhere Youll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment weve
- Customer Success:Always delight our customers.
- Trust:We rely on each other.
- Integrity:Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration:Share resources and work together.
- Innovation:Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion:Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability:Be responsible for your success and failure.We
believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture
gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give
our employees the freedom and resources they needbacked by our
culture of collaboration and diverse thoughtto continue innovating
and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range
of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of todays
most challenging problems. At Workiva, youll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits:With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress:Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource
Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans,
Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering,
Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance:We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
- Learn more:
Keywords: Workiva, Ames , Accountant - Financial Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!