Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: September 8, 2019
As a Tax Analyst at Workiva, you will support all aspects of U.S.
tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, research, compliance,
and strategic projects, while ensuring segregation of duties. You
will offer expertise in managing tax risk consistent with the
expectations of senior leadership. This is an opportunity to
partner with finance, legal, and business unit leaders to develop
and implement strategies that minimize tax expense and
WHAT YOU LL DO:
* You will prepare and review tax compliance items including
federal, state, and local income tax filings in the US and
internationally, as well as sales & use, VAT, HST/GST, and similar
local tax requirements; including working with tax consultants that
support the tax return preparation process.
* You will collaboratively prepare annual and interim tax
provisions and the related financial statement disclosures.
* You will identify, analyze, and resolve tax issues and their
financial impacts on a wide range of transactions and business
* You will assist in defining and implementing the company s tax
strategies and maintaining its tax architecture.
* You will assist in the implementation of global tax policies,
procedures, and internal controls in close coordination with the
accounting and tax team.
* You will contribute to a diverse range of federal, state, and
international projects that deliver value to the organization.
* You will research and provide tax guidance to business unit
inquiries, organic growth projects, and corporate initiatives
including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, or
* You will proactively identify areas for process improvements
within the tax function and implement solutions to automate
existing workpapers and streamline processes to be scalable and
will drive efficiency while maintaining strong quality
* You will partner with finance leadership and external tax
advisors in identifying and prioritizing global tax planning
WHAT YOU LL NEED:
* 1+ years corporate tax experience, including tax research
competence required; public accounting experience preferred
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
* Strong understanding of and experience with corporate tax
principles and accounting principles
* International tax experience is a plus
* Experience with OneSource Income Tax and Wdesk preferred
* Demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal skills
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in
writing with all levels of personnel and across internal and
external departments, functions, and organizations
* High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a
WHERE YOU LL WORK:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a
difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and
provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market.
We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are
hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems. Workiva
offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you
to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
* Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15%
* Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your
first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases
based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to
work remotely on an as needed basis.
* Health & Wellness: Need a break* Hit the relaxation room, or take
a bike ride.
* Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with
stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly
offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
* Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief
that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the
continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate
against an employee or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical
disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other
protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training,
benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or
other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all
employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Ames , Tax Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!