Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: August 10, 2019
The Tax Analyst supports all aspects of U.S. tax accounting,
reporting, planning, audits, research, compliance, and strategic
projects, while ensuring segregation of duties. This person offers
expertise in managing tax risk consistent with the expectations of
senior management. The Tax Analyst partners with finance, legal,
and business unit leaders to develop and implement strategies that
minimize tax expense and liabilities.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Prepare and review tax compliance items including federal, state,
and local income tax filings in the US and internationally, as well
as sales & use, VAT, HST/GST, and similar local tax requirements;
including working with tax consultants that support the tax return
* Collaboratively prepare annual and interim tax provisions and the
related financial statement disclosures
* Identify, analyze, and resolve tax issues and their financial
impacts on a wide range of transactions and business
* Assist in defining and implementing the company s tax strategies
and maintaining its tax architecture
* Assist in the implementation of global tax policies, procedures,
and internal controls in close coordination with the accounting and
* Contribute to a diverse range of federal, state, and
international projects that deliver value to the organization
* Research and provide tax guidance to business unit inquiries,
organic growth projects, and corporate initiatives including
mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, or reorganizations
* Proactively identify areas for process improvements within the
tax function and implement solutions to automate existing
workpapers and streamline processes to be scalable and drive
efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls
* Partner with finance leadership and external tax advisors in
identifying and prioritizing global tax planning strategies
WHAT YOU LL NEED:
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
* 1-3 years corporate tax experience, including tax research
competence; public accounting experience preferred
* International tax experience is a plus
* Strong understanding of, and experience with, corporate tax
principles and accounting principles
* Experience with OneSource Income Tax and Wdesk preferred
* Demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal skills
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in
writing with all levels of personnel and across internal and
external departments, functions, and organizations
WHERE YOU LL WORK:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a
difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and
provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market.
We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are
hungry to tackle some of today s most challenging problems. Workiva
offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you
to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
* Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15%
* Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people
wear jeans to the office.
* Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your
first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases
based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to
work remotely on an as needed basis.
* Health & Wellness: Need a break* Hit the relaxation room, or take
a bike ride.
* Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with
stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly
offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
* Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief
that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the
continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate
against an employee or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical
disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other
protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training,
benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or
other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all
employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Ames , Tax Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!