Retail Banking Officer
Company: Availa Bank
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Position Title: Retail Banking OfficerDepartment: RetailReports To:
Market PresidentLocation: AmesSupervises: Varies by location, but
may include Branch Manager, Branch Operations Supervisor and
Universal Banker positionsPosition Status: ExemptEEO/AA employer
**This position is not remote and will work in our Ames, Iowa
location.**Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer
in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over
sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.RETAIL BANKING OFFICER
POSITION SUMMARYThe Retail Banking Officer oversees all functions
and duties of the retail team in an assigned branch or region. This
position is responsible for attracting and retaining new loan, cash
management, and deposit relationships, establishing outbound sales
goals for retail staff, hiring, customer retention and staff
development for specified branch locations. RETAIL BANKING OFFICER
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES1. Accountable and
responsible for maintaining retail staffing across all assigned
branches2. Directs training for staff, including policy/procedure,
sales and customer service with all retail staff3. Assess and
manage facility needs on a regular basis4. Supervise and provide
work direction to assigned staff5. Perform the functions of all
retail staff positions as needed to ensure quality service to all
customers is achieved6. Assist with complex customer issues7. Serve
as a point of contact and managing relationships for large
commercial customers8. Perform consumer lending duties 9. Serve as
a point of contact/have working knowledge of troubleshooting and
servicing coin machines, money handling machines, ATMs and
mechanics of the drive-up equipment (as applicable in each
location). This position will also be responsible for installation
and troubleshooting of Cash Management machines.10. Help the bank
attract new customers and deepen relationships with existing
customers through active outbound relationship building activities
and focus on expanding existing customer financial solutions
through participation in the bank's customer service, cash
management services, and sales efforts.11. Responsible for
assigning work duties and examines work for quality, efficiency,
conformance to policies and procedures as needed.RETAIL BANKING
OFFICER ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:Education
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredExperience
- One to three years' banking experience preferred
- Prior experience managing a department and/or groups of people
requiredOther Skills and Abilities
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Working knowledge of operational policies and procedures
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure
- Resolve complex problems involving multiple facets and
variables in non-standardized situations
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of business
support functions and their contribution to organizational success
including human resources, information technology, accounting,
finance, and operations support
- Travel to/from and work in multiple locations
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
transportationSupervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is
responsible for supervising staff in accordance with the bank's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and taking corrective action with employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.CompetenciesTo perform
the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Accountability- will follow through on what he/she says they
will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical- collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to
deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables
in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management - coordinates projects; communicates changes
and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills- assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team
- Delegation - delegates work assignments; matches the
responsibility to the person; gives authority to work
independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires
and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Ethics - inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; follows through on
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative - is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands
abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just
his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus - Provides excellent customer service
to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on
opportunities to suggest new services to customers. WORKING
CONDITIONS:Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited
chance for personal injury.The following physical and mental
requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by
phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such
as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office
supplies, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time and
reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple
priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the
needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as
needed. **This position is not remote and will work in our Ames,
Iowa location.** GENERAL NOTICE:This position description describes
the general nature and level of work performed by the employee
assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all
inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only
duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee
may be required to perform other job-related duties. All
requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This position
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change. PM21
Keywords: Availa Bank, Ames , Retail Banking Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!