Company: Summit Carbon Solutions
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative start-up company which
is developing and building the world's largest carbon capture
project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a
dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly.
We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to
join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting, collaborative work
environment with a clausal dress code. We offer above average
employee benefits and competitive pay.
Position Summary:This position is responsible for assisting in the
oversight and management of all aspects of the accounting functions
which include general ledger accounting, financial reporting,
accounts payable and disbursements, and cash management.
- Assist with monthly accounting and general ledger close
activities to successfully meet internal and external
- Records journal entries to the general ledger for all
transactions, including cash, payroll, purchasing card, capital
expenditure, and expense reclasses.
- Prepares assigned balance sheet account reconciliations for
multiple legal entities.
- Assists management with interpretation of actual vs. budgeted
amounts for specific expense categories.
- Help with internal and external customer inquiries, including
- Supports projects as needed and assists other accountants as
requested by management.
- Assists with allocations of expenditures related to development
- Provide business support to Operations staff as needed
- Work with Operations managers and staff to ensure correct
classification of expenses
- Support the preparation of consolidated financial statements
and monthly financial packages.
- Check disbursements for accuracy, approvals, and proper
- Ensure compliance with department policies, internal controls,
and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations.
- Assist with internal and external financial statement
- Liaise with financial system software administrators and
provide system support to end users.
- Special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:-- Minimum of bachelor's degree in
accounting/Finance.-- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CMA
preferred.-- Minimum three or more years related business
experience required; five or more years preferred.-- Proficiency in
Microsoft Office, advanced Excel experience required.-- Knowledge
of federal and state financial regulations and understanding of
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.--
Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, highly motivated and
team-oriented individual.-- Excellent professional written and
verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.-- Ability
to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet
deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
Keywords: Summit Carbon Solutions, Ames , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Ames, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!